Tuesday 2 August 2016

Tapping to Ease Anxiety


This post is for anyone who has ever experienced a panic attack or anxiety.

This spring when I was feeling overwhelmed, I stumbled upon a video on YouTube that claimed 'tapping' could relieve my anxiety.

I was all alone and had nothing to lose by trying, so I decided to follow along with the leader and see if the EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) could help me out.

The general idea is that we tap into our fears and through the EFT process we release emotional and/or physical responses. We tap on acupressure points along the body, while repeating affirmations about the anxiety, followed by statements of self-acceptance. 

Honestly, the science behind it is a mystery to me but my anxiety subsided. I felt relaxed and completely calm.

I now use this technique often, though I have not done it in public. It does look a bit bizarre to people watching.

Tapping is so effective that I have considered teaching it to my students in my Yoga/Relaxation classes.

The video is 9 minutes long. We all have 9 minutes to help ourselves feel calmer. 

It feels a bit silly at first but it does work.

I hope you give it a try and if it interests you, explore further!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tkTUO_s9A4

Let me know if it works for you!

Beth











No comments:

Post a Comment