Thursday 25 August 2016

Cancer Puts Life in Perspective.

Most of us know someone who has battled cancer.

Some of us win the battle.

Some of us lose.

Through the process we all learn from the experience.

Ever optimistic and positive, someone I know is doing all that they can to live fully despite the odds.

Through my tears, I remain speechless.

Yet my mind races.

What would I do?

If I were standing in the same pair of shoes, could I fill them as well?

Would I stumble around, trip and fall or could I manage to balance and walk tall?

Could I soldier on with such grace and compassion?

I have no answers but I'm learning as I watch this person navigate an ocean of stormy seas. They rise and fall with the waves of treatment, and look upon each new sunrise with an optimism that makes me feel ashamed for complaining about trivial things. The time we all waste on this earth is remarkable. I need to change this and fill my days with quality people and activities that bring me joy.

I'm learning to keep life in perspective.
To cherish what really matters.
To take the time to talk, listen, laugh and love.

Sometimes the best teachers come in the most beautiful packages.
I thank you.

All my love to you.
Soldier on!

Beth











No comments:

Post a Comment