Friday 19 August 2016

Cookies After Exercise?

If you're attending my mini summer session, you've noticed that I'm providing a few light snacks after the workout.  I've had many comments concerning this so I thought I'd repeat some of the tips that I've expressed in previous blogs.

If your goal is to lose weight, you need to spend (burn) more calories than you consume in a day. There's no magic pill or perfect exercise to help you achieve this. Any activity that gets your heart rate up and makes you break a sweat, will help you lose weight, if you're watching what you're eating at the same time.

If your goal is to lose weight, than you should either enjoy the treat and adjust your food intake for the remainder of the day, or pass.

What I've noticed after many of years of working with you, is most of you like to gather together after class for a coffee. Often there are homemade goodies to go along with the coffee or I've run into you at Tim's.

My goal is to provide a space for these meetings. Friends who exercise together, support each other and have the most success achieving their fitness goals. The best part of group fitness classes is the socialization aspect. 

Thank you for the lovely comments concerning my baking!  

Have a great weekend.

See you soon,
Beth

1 comment:

  1. The treats are amazing! Thank you for taking the time to bake in your already busy life!

    ReplyDelete