Friday 15 May 2015

My Backyard.


This is the stream behind our home. I took this photo yesterday to show you how alive it is at this time of year. Many of us are rushing so much to get from point A to B that we don't often take the time to stop and see the season changing.

I have uploaded a video of the steam to Youtube.   http://youtu.be/QgBMkY598sM

Copy and paste the link into your browser and you will be able to see the stream and I would encourage you to then close your eyes and use it as meditation tool to relieve stress. It is only a minute long but when I sit down by the water's edge, I can instantly feel my shoulders dropping and tension leaving my body.

Over the harsh winter, trees die and slide into the stream but new life begins in the water above where the tree has taken its final resting spot. A small pond forms and fish can begin their new life.

My kids grew up playing in the stream, catching frogs and minnows. It is not high enough to swim in but when they were really little, it was a wonderful place to cool off.

Later today I will post a video of the night sounds at our country home.  The West Island and Montreal are so beautiful and full of "people life" but I am lucky to fall asleep every night to the sound of our stream and the crickets.

Have a great day everyone.

Beth




1 comment: