Thursday 7 May 2015

Sharing the Love.


Can you feel the love?

That is my husband, Peter, thanking me for taking him on vacation.

It was years ago but I can still feel the love of that moment. We have been married for 25 years.  Getting him to take vacation is a difficult task but as you can see, once he has let go, he is extremely happy!

Yesterday I spoke about learning to "let go." You will hear me talk about stress often in this blog and how it can cause us to gain weight when we are doing everything we can to lose those pounds. As a trainer, I want to give you all of the tools necessary to help you achieve your goals. Often people are at a loss for why they cannot shed those last few pounds and I have to tell them, that they need to look at their stress level.


That is why I created my Stretch and Relax class. I know how much we all need to relax in order to improve our health. People are not doing it on their own time, so coming to a class helps to get this done! While teaching, I tell my students that the only thing that matters, is this very moment. Try to only think about what is happening in the class or during your workout. Focus on your breath.

As Eckhart Tolle says, "stress is caused by being 'here' but wanting to be 'there' or being in the present but wanting to be in the future.- The Power of Now.

I decided a long time ago, that I no longer want to wait for that one time a year to relax on vacation.  I want to experience a bit of vacation every single day. I encourage you to try this as well.

So this January, I decided to stop taking the highway to work, rushing in with everyone else, sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.  I now get out of the craziness and head down to the lake shore road and drive 40km an hour to work.  And while I am doing this, I am acting like I am on vacation!

I can hear you snickering but bare with me...It takes me the same amount of time to get to work but I am not being cut off and easily frustrated by inattentive drivers.

Doing this has improved my health tremendously. I arrive at work calmer and ready to share my joy with my students.

I love my job more. I love my life more. I am in love with moving slowly.

Can you take a different route to work or play today?

Try it. You may discover something new. You may get more in tune with yourself and improve your health along the way. Little tweaks like this can make a big difference.

Have a great day everyone...

Beth





No comments:

Post a Comment