Friday 1 May 2015

Take 5!



Place yourself in this picture. 

What do you hear? What do you see?

No one knows you are here. Take 5 minutes to sit for a bit.

I want you to learn to slow down. 

I know that you are the best at what you do. I know that you can rush from point A to point B, in record time, while juggling a million tasks. I know you are great.

Now I want to see you relax.

You have nothing to prove here. I make no judgements. I just want you to slow right down, to the point of hearing and feeling your breath go in and out. Do this with me.

Feel your chest expand with each breath in and each time you breathe out, I want you to gently imagine pushing out all the air by feeling your abdominals contract. Think of your lungs as two balloons. We only use the top third because we are all rushing so much. Breathing better will help you to feel more awake throughout the day.You will be more productive. You will be more relaxed.

Do not think about what is coming up in 5 minutes. Just focus on your breath. Right here. Right now.

For the next few minutes, I will hold the fort for you.  Nothing else matters

Slow down.

If you feel stress creeping up on you today at work, return to this bench, no one will miss you for 5 minutes.

Breathe.

Beth




1 comment: