Friday 24 April 2015

Do it for them!

This is my daughter, Sarah Vatne, with the painting she painted last evening at the Artist’s in Bloom event in Montreal.  Sarah is one of the 4 reasons that I work so hard to keep myself in shape. My two sons and my husband are the other reasons.

Sometimes, it is easy to forget why we need to stay fit.  It is not about looking good, though that is one of the benefits.  It is about not wanting to become a burden to the people around us.

Perhaps you have struggled in life by taking care of a sick loved one, while trying to work and raise a family.   
I went through this from 2007 to 2011.

It was in visiting the hospitals that I made a promise to myself to stay as healthy as I can so that I can improve my chances of not spending my final years in poor health.

My parents did not choose their ending.  We cannot control everything that is going to come our way but we can get up every morning and make smarter choices on what we eat and how we spend our time.

So if you won’t do it for you, you must do it for your family.

Have a great day!
Beth

2 comments:

  1. Excellent motivation thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! I am glad you are able to reply! Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete