Wednesday 22 April 2015

Be the best you can be!


Good Morning.

I have been teaching since 1998. In that time, I have heard every reason for not exercising that exists. Still, I smile and nod and sympathize with my students who miss class or cannot get there to begin with because I admit that it is hard to find time.

Today, all past attempts behind you, I want you to comitt to being the best you can be today, in your current state. You do not need fancy clothes or shoes or a pricey gym membership. I just want you to show up for YOU.

Imagine a time in your life when you were able to move freely. No pain or extra pounds in the way to prevent this.

You are still that person.  You may look different but we all still feel like we are 18 inside.  Our bodies may have changed somewhat but we still laugh like we did back then.  Well lets start to imagine moving as if we were 18 or 20 or 30 years old. Pull out a picture of yourself back then and keep it in view. You are capable of rekindling the flame that was once and still is, you.

I have told my students that half the battle of getting fit is imagining we are there already.

Think of it, if your boss ever gave you a task to do, you rarely said, "No way boss, I can't do that. You'll have to get so and so to do that. I am just not qualified." Most of the time, we walked away having said we could, wondering how to heck we were going to pull it off! And then we did it to our surprise.

You will be able to achieve, what you believe.

Make one goal today. Small or big. Something physical.

Do something that will remind you of that time, when you did that thing, that made you that happy.  Ha, ha. Were you a sports player back then?  Walk over to the field or a park. Or put on the old shoes. Find the old jersey.  Or just keep the picture in your pocket today and lets start imagining how to get back to that place of health and happiness.

We cannot get to where we want to be, if we don't start.

So lets do it together.
We will figure out what to do when we get there.
Have a great day.
Beth

1 comment: