Wednesday 27 April 2016

Kindness Goes A Long Way

 "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." Author unknown.

Yesterday, I took the time to listen to someone who was visibly shaken by an event that had happened earlier in the day. I was in a rush but noticing that she really needed to talk, I sat down and listened intently offering any support that I could. She needed to express her feelings and in the end I gave her a hug.  She was so touched by my actions that it made me realize how this little act of human decency, is lacking in our society. Most people just want to be heard.

When we are frustrated it is easy to rush to anger, blame and shout. If I am on the receiving end, I try to look at what else might by going on in the life of that person. Most of the time, outbursts have far more to do with an underlying situation, than the situation at hand. And in the end, the contrast of the kindness that is shown to me far outweighs the rudeness.

Kindness really goes far so I am grateful and thankful for any that comes my way!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Beth






No comments:

Post a Comment