Thursday 7 April 2016

What do you eat for breakfast?

After the cardio component of one of my classes on Tuesday, a student asked me quite loudly what I had eaten for breakfast that morning.

Well here it is..

Two egg omelet with baked sweet potatoes.

I begin by slicing a sweet potato into thin slices, I toss it with olive oil and bake it for 15 minutes. In that time, I saute chopped mushrooms, fresh garlic and chopped kale in a bit of coconut oil. Then I stir in two beaten eggs, with a bit of lactose free cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. By the time the omelet is ready, the potatoes are done and voila!

I also drink a homemade, hazelnut hot chocolate that I make with coconut beverage, coconut butter, vanilla, and hazelnut butter and raw honey.  I sip this on the way to work and throughout my three hours of fitness.

To be honest, having energy also has to do with getting the proper amount of sleep. I go to bed around 9 pm.

How are you fuelling your workouts?

Eating a piece of toast with a cup of coffee is not going to cut it in the long run!

See you soon,

Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment