Tuesday 26 April 2016

It takes 3 classes!

It takes at least three classes to get used to a new type of exercise class.  Yesterday, I had some new people join my classes and I make sure to tell them that the first time is difficult for everyone.

It takes courage to walk into a room full of people when everyone seems to know everyone!  I am so grateful that I have caring students who take it upon themselves to welcome strangers and lend them a hand getting equipment. One of my regular students took the time to chat with one of the newcomers and let her know that it does get easier!

Stretching is so important to keep our bodies flexible, balanced and injury free. One of my students was able to touch her toes for the first time this week and another felt victorious as she was able to get her heels down to the mat in downward dog.

It takes time to achieve our goals and while I say that it takes at least three classes to feel comfortable in a class, it then takes a few weeks to start to see results.  Please do not expect instant transformations as those only happen on television. You are going to make mistakes. I still do and then we laugh together! That is just as valuable as the workout!

I am so proud of all of my students. I really am.

Have a great day! See you soon.
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment