Monday 2 May 2016

What's Your Problem?

We all have those friends who keep us in line. Those friends who are willing to listen and help us find solutions to our problems. I am lucky that I have a few ladies in my life who help me to keep things in perspective.

One lady in particular, who has worked hard to survive cancer over the last two or three years, is quick to look me right in the eye and say, "well if that is the biggest problem you have right now, then life is good!"

I don't think that she means anything deeper than the actual statement but to have it come from someone who has suffered so greatly, really snaps me out of my whining in a hurry.

When someone asks my husband how life is going, he has a cute way of answering. "Well, I feel blessed that my life is simple."

A few years ago, I was in the hospital every single day visiting my sick father. I did this for a year while holding down three jobs and raising three teenagers. My life was not my own. That was tough. The trick is to remember this.  Unfortunately, I can get caught up in the drama of situations at work. I allow myself to be deeply affected by my environment, to the point where my own happiness is destroyed.

We must remember the good going on around us and consider that our situation could be much worse. Even when we are in the hospital, there are opportunities to make someone else's day brighter. There are always others around us who are suffering more. When we look to make things better and act on them, it makes us happier and life better!

I have a fabulous job. I work with wonderful people. My health is top notch at the moment. I live in a peaceful environment. My kids are now adults. They are healthy and happy and on their own for now and my husband and I are looking forward to the next phase of life together.

My hope is that when times get tough, that I keep things in perspective. We have food, shelter, our health and love and nothing else matters. Add up your own reasons to be happy and you will find many I am certain.

We have to chose to focus on the positive and steer clear of negative people and situations. Life is too short to be unhappy, so do your best to shine on those around you and soon you will discover that you have no real problems, only reasons to be happy.

Have a wonderful day everyone and see you soon!
Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment