Wednesday 14 September 2016

Music or No Music in Fitness Classes?

It is wonderful to be back teaching fitness classes again. You all have returned in fine form!

Many renovations have been done to our room. One of the improvements is the replacement of one of the speakers for the sound system. For the last few years, there were no speakers on the right side wall which meant many people could not hear the beat when in that area. Well now that it has been replaced, some people who prefer a quieter experience, have no where to hide from the noise, which has me thinking about the part that music plays in our fitness classes.

I personally need music to feel motivated when I work out. I change my music selection every class to try to appeal to all ages. Some clients have complained to me that the volume is far too low and than occasionally, someone will say that it is too loud.

Last Spring, I tried to find a happy medium and I will do so again over the course of the session. If you like the music loud, try to be closer to one of the four speakers in the room and if you need to hear less sound, than chose your spot accordingly.

When we have 50 people in the room it is very hard to please everyone and the more bodies that we have in the room, the louder it has to be as the sound gets absorbed.

The good news is we have music to make the experience that much more enjoyable.

See you tomorrow,
Beth







No comments:

Post a Comment