Friday 10 July 2015

Want to lose 10lbs?

Yesterday, Dr OZ had a segment on his show that highlighted an overweight woman who was consuming many soda's a day.  As part of her effort to become healthier, she stopped drinking the soda's and lost 10lbs in one week. I  know that this is possible as this happened with a client I was personally training in 2007.

Her name was Linda. She was in her 50's and she wanted to get healthier and lose weight. She was 5'4" and she weighed 169lbs. She just wanted to lose 10 pounds to start.

During the interview, she told me what her daily food intake looked like. She was consuming, 2 litres of Diet Coke or Pepsi a day!

I suggested that simply taking that habit out of her routine would result in weight loss. Linda looked me right in the eye and told me that she "would never stop drinking her soda's as that was so important to her day!"

I proposed that we simply get moving more and discuss her diet later when the exercise was going well.

To my surprise she arrived a week later full of smiles.

She had given up the soda and lost 10lbs. No joke.

I trained her from September to December and by December 1st she had lost 22lbs and she looked amazing. What a great Christmas present.

If you want to lose weight and you drink soda, even diet soda, give it up for 2 weeks and see how your life will change. Replace it with water or herbal tea.  Start moving more and you will see results.

Have a great weekend.
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment