Friday 20 May 2016

Great Advice on Living Well.

I just listened to a Ted Talk that was shared with me on Facebook.

The talk is given by Anita Moorjani, a woman who died and came back to life.

What interested me about this talk was the advice she shares on how to live our lives.

I realize that many of you may not believe that there is life after death, so this is not the focus of my blog today however I feel that her advice is valuable and worth sharing.  I have copy and pasted the link to the Ted Talk at the bottom of the blog so that you can listen to it yourself.

Anita tells us that we need to focus on five important things while we are living.

1. We need to focus on loving ourselves. It is true that we spend more time criticizing ourselves than we spend forgiving our mistakes and accepting ourselves as we are.

2. She tells us to live our lives fearlessly. We often think that fear is protecting us but she claims it is fear that holds us back from living a full and happy life.

3. "The most important spiritual activity," in Anita's words is finding our joy. We are born smiling and laughing but some of us stop doing this spontaneously. She wants us to seek out joy for we are meant to be happy and laughing while we are here.

4. Life is a gift and we need to look at all the challenges that come our way as a way to learn the value of our lives. My modest health concerns used to drag me down but I do see them as a gift now.  They taught me to live each day as if it is a gift.

5. Anita says that it is important that we always be ourselves and embrace our uniqueness. This will ultimately lead us to find joy.

All of this is great advice whether or not you believe in life after death stories.

We are heading into the long weekend in Canada.  I hope that you spend it doing what you love.

See you next week.
Beth

http://isoulscience.com/2016/03/woman-dies-and-comes-back-to-life-with-this-incredible-message-for-humanity/

No comments:

Post a Comment