Friday 5 February 2016

The Best Medicine

This week I have been fighting sickness. I had to leave work early on Tuesday because I was feeling so completely exhausted, dizzy, nauseated etc. I am happy to say that rest, fluids, good food and lots and lots of sleep allowed me to return to work on Thursday.

I just saw a meme circulating of facebook that reminds us that the best doctors are sunshine; water; rest; fresh air; exercise and diet. I would go so far as to say that keeping all of these elements in balance is what keeps us healthy in the first place.  When one of the elements is off, I believe that we open ourselves up to sickness.

I did go out last weekend and I did fall out of my good eating and sleep pattern. My body was out of balance and perhaps that is why I ended up picking up this virus. I guess at the age of 48 I cannot afford to party quite the same as I did when I was much younger.

The good news is I recovered quickly. I cancelled the rest of my day the minute I knew something was off and I listened to my body. I went home.

I also wish that we all had the luxury of leaving work when we know we are sick.  I know this is not always possible. The truth is we are not very effective at our jobs if we are trying to work while we are sick.

My biggest regret this past week is that there was a new lady in one of my classes and while I did greet her with a smile, I had absolutely no energy to focus on making sure that she got the most of the class. She did not return on Thursday.

Remember that I told you a long time ago to give a class three chances before making a decision about whether or not it is for you.  I was having an "off" day and could not deliver my best. This is a rare event. Hopefully she will return.

Have a wonderful day and drink water!!!!

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment