Wednesday 2 September 2015

My Home Studio


Many years ago, my carpenter husband made one of my dreams come true when he helped me to build a studio in our basement.  At the time, I had a few classes going in the area close to my home but the rent was expensive so I convinced Peter that it would be a great way to use the space.



I am happy to say that this little gym has been the one of the best things that we ever did. I offer three classes a week here and then when it is not in use, the family can use it for their own personal fitness. I also offer personal training here for those clients who live close by.

As a trainer, I am always trying to help my clients find a space in their home to workout and I am sad when they push themselves down into a dingy basement or a cluttered living room.  You have to love the space or you will not go there on you own to workout.

Fitness should not be last on your list. It should be first. If the space is set up beautifully and the equipment is easy to access, you can jump out of bed and get to your exercise quickly and before you know it, you are done and ready to start your day.

Of all of my clients, the ones who truly succeed, are the ones who carve out time in the early morning for exercise.  You are very busy and once the day starts, it is easy to put off time for yourself.

Get up 30 minutes earlier and devote that time to a short warm up and then basic exercises and stretching. Do not get on social media or turn on the TV.  Focus on you and your health for the first 30 minutes of each and every day. 

Today classes start in my home studio. I have been training 5 dedicated individuals in this space for the last 5 years or so. My space can fit 12 students so once in a while I invite my Pointe Claire students to come out to my house and after exercise, we have a lovely breakfast. We have so much fun that I have lost track of exactly how many years it has been.

Consider rearranging your space today to make working out easier and fun. You will be happy that you did!


See you soon,
Beth

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the lovely breakfast today consisted of a gluten free cookie which was gobbled up before the first stop sign after leaving your house! Thanks for today's workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksk Paul...Do not expect treats after every class..ha,ha.

      Delete