Friday 6 November 2015

Remember Your Own Brilliance!

My Brilliant Image

by Hafiz

One day the sun admitted,
“I am just a shadow.
I wish I could show you
The Infinite Incandescence
That has cast my brilliant image!”

“I wish I could show you,
When you are lonely or in darkness,
The Astonishing Light
Of your own Being!”



I read this poem from a book that was left on the table after our meditation class on Tuesday evening. I opened the book to this page.

It is often hard to remember how special we are because we are so busy trying to keep up to the pace of the world. We spend more time judging our imperfections than we do celebrating our accomplishments and the miracle of our existence.

In this poem, the sun even feels that it is not good enough!  That made me pause and consider all of the time, that I personally waste, not feeling like I measure up!

Enough! I am committed to putting an end to negative self talk and thoughts. Are you with me?

We are all special, simply because we are unique creations. 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

See you Monday!
Beth
 

3 comments:

  1. C'mon everybody....are we with Beth?? Just as in your classes when Beth asks "do you feel anything?" let's respond!

    YES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. Only a few people send me responses. Some send me official emails instead of writingn it here. :) No worries I know that people are reading because when I miss I day, I hear about it..:)

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I'm guilty of negative self talk/thoughts, feeling like I never measure up or people don't really like me.....it's human I guess.....wish it was easy to stop it......I blame it on bullying as a young child......but I chose to stop it too.

    ReplyDelete