Thursday 17 December 2015

Holiday Workout Tips for My Students!

If you are in my Pointe Claire classes, we have been off from exercise for almost 2 weeks now.  I do not know about you but my body is already feeling the effects of dropping from 11 hours of fitness down to 2 ( in my home studio). As I have started to develop arthritis, my body does not like to sit still. We must keep active while the gym is closed until January 4th.

As I teach different levels of fitness classes, you must all tailor your workout to what you are used to when you are with me, however it is imperative that we continue to do some form of training to stay healthy and happy over the holidays. 

Most of you are used to at least 10-15 minutes of aerobics and some of you are used to 25-30 minutes of Step.  So try to aim to do this at least 2 times per week.  I know that you are also very busy so I am being practical with the time, though it would be my wish that you strive for 3 times per week. Walking is a great way to get your heart rate up and even if the weather is not co-operating, you can drive to the mall and walk inside.

My hope is that you will do the basic exercises that I have taught you in class.  Aim to work your abdominals, back and legs as a minimum.  Remember to stretch!

 My chair class students can use any chair in their home to keep fit. Use it for the balance work like 'Superman' and squats and if you grab some cans of vegetables, you can even do some of the arm work that you know so well.  Just remember to only do this every other day, not back to back.

I am confident that all of my students will remember the stretches and how to do them perfectly! We have had so much practice. If you need some tips just send me a message and I will do my best to help you out.

My Yoga Stretch class students know the routines very well and I hope that you will do them as often as you can. I plan to do the routines everyday over the holiday to keep my body happy and pain free.  I hope that you will do the same.

All of my students should aim to do some form of cardio and stretching as a minimum. Stretching and walking can be done daily.

I am officially signing off for the holidays. I have so much to do and I am sure that you will be busy as well.

I will be back just before we start up again at the gym. No doubt I will be full of new ideas!

Have a wonderful holiday everyone and thank you so very much for reading my blog.  Your support keeps me going.

Big hugs.
Sincerely,
Beth

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Beth, for thinking of us all the time. It is contagious. When I am doing my daily walks I often hear your voice reminding me not to stoop but to stand "taller that when you got to the class this morning". And, after my walks I hear someone's voice telling me to stretch! Wonder who that is?????? Thanks again and I'll see you next week at your last home class of the year.

    ReplyDelete